A few key points on Google Apps for Gov:
- FISMA certification, a private cloud based on US soil and additional security measures.
- At $50 per user per year, this is huge savings in licensing fees of traditional enterprise capabilities (HW and SW).
- Google Apps and its WYSIWYG characteristics are well suited to more than meet the needs of most government agencies (fed, state and local).
- Google Apps use readily enables hardware agnostic as well as mobile use.
- Rapid adoption and integration of new apps such as Google Wave, Marketplace apps.
- The Navy is already using Google Apps (on a .com) for InRelief - one can only wonder if more .mil adoptions will occur.
- Is Chrome OS next?
- Microsoft is shaking in their boots.
For more details, read PC World's story.